HAVAS N.A. PRIVACY NOTICE
FOR UNITED STATES PERSONS PROVIDING SERVICES
Introduction and scope of privacy notice
This Privacy Notice describes the Personal Information that Havas North America, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Havas”, “we” or “us”) collect and how we use that Personal Information in connection with your working relationship with us, or with your application for a working relationship with us.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please email us at: email@example.com
The Personal Information we collect about you
For purposes of this Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household. Personal Information excludes information that does not and cannot reveal an individual’s specific identity, such as information that has been de-identified or aggregated. Some of the Personal Information that we process about you comes from you. For example, you tell us your contact details. Other Personal Information about you is generated from references and third-party companies such as recruitment agencies and background screening service providers. Your Personal Information will be seen internally by managers, administrators and HR and your Personal Information may be available on our shared HR management system.
We collect, store, and use the following types of Personal Information for the purposes set out below:
- We collect Contact Information such as your name, home telephone number, cell phone number, mailing address, and email address, and the name, telephone number, and mailing address of your designated emergency contact in order to contact you with relevant information or to contact your designated emergency contact in the event of a work-related accident or illness.
- We collect Professional or Employment-Related Information and Education Information such as information provided through your resume or CV, personal or professional website or social media profile, background screening, performance information, aptitude, disciplinary information, work history, skills, transcript, and references in order to evaluate your application for a working relationship with us and to comply with legal obligations or company policies. Additionally, some of this information may be referenced after you start working to make decisions relative to your relationship with us and otherwise manage your performance.
- We may collect the Personal Information you provide on our HR management system such as your photo, skills, education, certifications, training, achievements, interests, individual goals, development plans, personal cell phone, email and other contact information. Some of this information is searchable by users of the HR management system and may be shared with individuals who have access to the database and with third parties for the purposes and uses described in this Policy.
- We collect Payroll and Benefits Information such as your bank account details, insurance information, health information, beneficiary and family information, payroll records, hours worked, tax status information, and pension information in order to administer your salary, bonus, incentive plans, family leave pay, sick pay, insurance, and other benefits; and some of this information may be used for reviewing or making decisions about your working relationship with us, in accordance with applicable law.
- We collect Identity Verification Information such as your name, date of birth, address, maiden name, citizenship, Social Security number or card, passport, driver’s license and other forms of identity to in order to administer aspects of your working relationship with us, and to comply with legal obligations or company policies, including preventing corruption and crimes and confirming your legal work status, as applicable.
- We collect Internet and Network Activity Information and Audio/Visual/Electronic Information such as your IP address, website browsing history, device usage information, device ID, email address, photo, time of building entry/exit or security footage of you on our premises for our internal business operations, including managing and securing business information networks, systems and technology; and securing our property and the workplace.
- We collect Protected Classifications under the law such as your age, gender, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, race or ethnicity; religious beliefs; sexual orientation; political opinions; trade union membership; health information, including any medical condition, health and sickness records, or injuries; criminal convictions and offenses in accordance with applicable law; disability status; and pregnancy in order to comply with legal obligations or company policies, including record-keeping required by law or company policy; and ensuring meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting.
- We may collect other information about you, such as company name, phone number, email address, D&B/DUNS number, and North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code.
- We collect information from you if you use the Havas travel and expense system, such as receipts, DHS redress number, TSA Pre-Check known traveler number, passport information, international visa, credit card information, travel and lodging preferences, and frequent traveler program numbers and information for facilitating work-related travel and to administer reimbursement for expenses.
- We may process any other information you provide us in the context of your working relationship with us, or with your application for a working relationship with us in order to administer aspects of this relationship or to comply with legal obligations or company policies.
Other uses of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information collected above for your professional development, client development/pitches, training, notifying you of volunteer opportunities, networking and social events, performance reviews, exit interviews and for other purposes disclosed at the time the Personal Information is collected. We may also use your Personal Information to determine your participation in company programs and benefits.
We may also use the Personal Information that we collect from you for legitimate business purposes, such as: assessing or executing mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, or business transfers; managing or auditing business tools and information technology systems, including computers, mobile phones or other devices provided by the company, mobile phones you register under a Bring Your Own Device policy, internet and software access, email accounts, etc.; supporting, facilitating, and arranging travel and other logistics for work-related events and functions, including those at Havas offices; managing disputes and disciplinary proceedings; legal-compliance or record-keeping purposes; monitoring of diversity and equal opportunities and contacting you or your household when needed.
Havas N.A. and its subsidiaries are headquartered in the United States and also have offices globally. Therefore, we may transfer your personal information outside the United States to members of our group for the purposes described above.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we do so, we will make an updated copy available on Agora.Havas.com or our recruiting website, or by sending you an email. This Privacy Notice does not form part of any contract of employment.
Last Updated: April, 2020